11 faces to follow in healthcare social media
Over the past few years, social media has taken the healthcare world by storm. Physicians, nurses, health executives and even patients have joined the blogosphere and created Twitter accounts and are encouraging their peers to do the same. Multiple social networking sites for physicians also have been created with many more surely on the horizon.
Facebook accounts no longer are a taboo for physician practices. In fact, two how-to guides for social media use in healthcare were published within the past few months (available from Avvo and CSC).
With all that in mind, FierceHealthIT has highlighted some of the faces in healthcare social media worthy of following. Click on any of the names, listed in alphabetical order, below to get started.
1. Lee Aase - Director of the Mayo Clinic's Center for Social Media
2. Ed Bennett - Web operations manager at the University of Maryland Medical Center
3. Kent Bottles - Chief Medical Officer of CareCoach.com; senior fellow at the Thomas Jefferson University School of Population Health
4. Chris Boyer - Director of Digital Communications and Marketing at Inova Health System
5. Ves Dimov - Allergist/Immunologist and Assistant Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics at the University of Chicago; founder of ClinicalCases.org
6. Meredith Gould - Social media and editorial services consultant for healthcare and faith-based organizations
7. Howard Luks - Associate Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at New York Medical College; Chief of Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy at University Orthopedics, PC and Westchester Medical Center
8. Kevin Pho - Primary care physician at the Nashua (N.H.) Medical Group
9. Mike Sevilla - Family physician at the Family Practice Center of Salem (Ohio)
10. Wendy Sue Swanson - Pediatrician at The Everett Clinic in Mill Creek, Wash.
11. Bryan Vartabedian - Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine; attending physician at Texas Children's Hospital