New Manhattan Research Report Benchmarks Digital Health Adoption for Key Patient Audiences
Digital Health 2012 compares how adult ADHD, multiple sclerosis, and rheumatoid arthritis patients use mobile, social, video, and other digital media for health
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- With 173 million U.S. adults using the Internet for health – and 116 million online specifically for prescription drug or pharmaceutical company resources, healthcare marketers are increasingly focusing on digital opportunities to connect with their customers. At the same time, variability in digital media adoption by condition coupled with ROI pressure and prioritization of tactics are driving marketers to leverage more granular customer segmentations. To help marketers assess channel opportunities for key audiences, healthcare market research and advisory firm Manhattan Research releases its latest report, “Digital Health 2012: Benchmarking Patient Adoption of the Internet and Consumer Electronics for Health.” This report explores the digital health profiles of patients with adult ADHD, multiple sclerosis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
Key questions addressed in the report include:
- Which devices do patients use to access online health information and tools?
- How frequently do patients seek out health information online and which medical scenarios prompt this research?
- What types of websites do patients use for health information by situation and which pathways do they use to get there?
- How strong is patient adoption of social media and video for health?
“Over the past year we’ve seen increased client demand for data for specific patient and caregiver audiences – and for good reason. As digital health matures, we’re finding that channel opportunities vary greatly by audience,” said Maureen Malloy, Senior Healthcare Analyst at Manhattan Research and author of the report. “We intend for this report to be a working model that clients can use for their own key audiences.”
“Digital Health 2012: Benchmarking Patient Adoption of the Internet and Consumer Electronics for Health” is from Manhattan Research’s Cybercitizen Health® U.S. 2011 study, which is focused on how U.S. consumers use the Internet, digital media, mobile devices, and other technologies for health. The study was fielded in Q3 2011 among 8,745 U.S. adults (age 18 and over) online and on the phone.
For more information about the report, please visit www.manhattanresearch.com/Products-and-Services/Consumer/Consumer-Research-Modules/digital-health-2012, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1.888.680.0800, ext 2.
Do you need data and insights for your key patient audience?
Manhattan Research offers Consumer Brand Support Packages for 60+ therapeutic audiences. In addition to patients, these packages are also available for Rx taker, caregiver, and info-seeker segments.
Consumer Brand Support Packages…
- Drill down to digital health and pharma adoption and behavior by key therapeutic audiences.
- Support brand teams and their agencies in assessing channel opportunities and prioritizing tactics.
- Can be tailored to meet individual client needs.
Consumer Brand Support Packages are based on the findings from Manhattan Research’s Cybercitizen Health® U.S. and ePharma Consumer® studies.
Topic areas explored in this consumer research include:
- Technology adoption and online access
- Health resource mix, including traditional and digital sources
- Online health information discovery
- Search and website behavior across key medical scenarios
- Multiscreen and mobile health behavior
- Social media for health and Rx info
- Online health video
- Digital at the point of care and physician interactions
- Attitudes towards HCPs and use of Internet for health, including pain points
- Patient education and resources
- Electronic health records and tracking conditions online
- Prescription drug information seeking
- Pharma online resources and touch points
- Online and offline pharma advertising
Consumer Brand Support Packages are available for:
ADD/ADHD, Asthma, Atrial Fibrillation, Bipolar Disorder*, Cancer (including Breast Cancer*, Prostate Cancer*, and Skin Cancer*), COPD, Crohn’s Disease*, Cystic Fibrosis, Depression, Epilepsy*, Erectile Dysfunction, Fibromyalgia, Gout, Heart Attack*, Hepatitis C*, High Cholesterol, HIV/AIDS*, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Migraine, Multiple Sclerosis*, Osteoporosis, Overactive Bladder, Psoriasis*, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Type 1 Diabetes*, Type 2 Diabetes, and many more categories.
*Not all metrics available or lower sample sizes for some conditions
To learn more about Consumer Brand Support Packages, contact email@example.com or call 1.888.680.0800, ext 2.
About Manhattan Research
Manhattan Research, a Decision Resources Group company, conducts annual research studies covering digital health trends among healthcare professionals and consumers in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Broad research can be segmented by target specialist and therapeutic audiences. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, call 1.888.680.0800, ext 2, or visit www.manhattanresearch.com.
About Decision Resources Group
Decision Resources Group is a cohesive portfolio of companies that offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on important sectors of the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed decisions. Please visit Decision Resources Group at www.DecisionResourcesGroup.com.
All company, brand or product names contained in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Stephanie Cooper, 212-255-1368
KEYWORDS: United States North America New York
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Technology Consumer Electronics Internet Health Pharmaceutical Mobile/Wireless Other Health Social Media Communications Marketing General Health Managed Care